Monday, October 12, 2015

Sydney, part II


 As a lover of all things museum, while in Sydney I fit in as many as I could.  Maybe four museums in one day doesn't sound like a dream to you, but YOU'RE WRONG!  Most of the museums I went to had interactive sections, mostly geared towards children, but could be enjoyed by kids of all ages.  The Australian Museum basically had an entire floor devoted to hands on activities, including lots of skeletons I (I mean kids) could play with. 

The Australian Museum
 
My personal favorite museum was the Sydney Museum.  Located where the original Government House once stood, the Sydney Museum gave a great overarching history of Sydney.  The Hyde Park Barracks Museum was another great stop on my museum tour.  A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this museum highlights the early days of English settlement in Sydney. 
 
Hyde Park Barracks Museum

 
Interior View of the Hyde Park Barracks Museum, highlighting the evolution of the building
 
Also in Hyde Park is the stunning ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) Memorial.  Originally dedicated to those who gave their lives in the First World War, it has since been rededicated to all members of the Australian and New Zealand Armed Forces. 
 
Interior of ANZAC Memorial
 
Hyde Park or, in my mind, a sign that Harry Potter has been to Sydney
 
 
More photo highlights of the trip
 
Fort Denison
 

New South Wales State Library
 
Royal Botanic Gardens
 
The Zoo
 
View from the Ferry

View from the Ferry
 
 
 
Signing off with these sweet whales that, try as I might, would not fit in my suitcase.  Until next time Sydney!
 


 
 




 
 
  
  






















2 comments: